Rail Safety Week 12th-18th August 2019
Travelling to and from work on trains? It’s Rail Safety Week from the 12th to the 18th of August. The Rail Safety effort is an initiative to improve education and raise awareness of rail safety throughout Australia and New Zealand, so make sure to follow these safety tips!
- Always stay behind the yellow line and be aware of the gap between the train and the platform
- Always hold the handrail when walking down the stairs to the platform
- Put your phone away and stay alert on train platforms
- Always apply breaks to prams and position them parallel to the train while keeping a good hold on to them
- Report any safety issues to the nearest Sydney Trains staff member
Take the fun and interactive rail safety quiz https://railsafetyweek.com.au/ to test your knowledge of rail safety and have a great week focused on your safety while travelling on trains and light rail.